For several centuries, Lawrenceville was the dynamic heart of Lawrence Township, with active merchants, two trolley lines connecting Princeton and Trenton, and surrounded by farms.
Lawrence Township was founded in 1697 and was known as Maidenhead, named by the early Quaker settlers after a Thames River village later incorporated into the City of London. In 1816, the municipality was renamed Lawrence, after Captain James Lawrence, commander of the frigate Chesapeake and one of the naval heroes of the War of 1812.
Lawrenceville is a historic location dating back to Colonial days, traversed during the Revolution's battles of Trenton and Princeton. The Presbyterian Church of Lawrenceville was founded in 1698, with meetinghouse erected on the site of the present building seen above sometime in the early 1700's. The present structure dates back to 1764.
The data relating to real estate for sale on this website appears in part through the BRIGHT Internet Data Exchange program, a voluntary cooperative exchange of property listing data between licensed real estate brokerage firms in which Keller Williams participates, and is provided by BRIGHT through a licensing agreement. The information provided by this website is for the personal, non-commercial use of consumers and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing. Real estate listings held by brokerage firms other than Keller Williams are marked with the IDX icon and detailed information about each listing includes the name of the listing broker.
©2018 BRIGHT, All Rights Reserved. Information Deemed Reliable But Not Guaranteed. Some properties which appear for sale on this website may no longer be available because they are under contract, have Closed or are no longer being offered for sale.
Data last updated: Oct 15, 2018 9:50:am.